Monday, April 27, 2009

Finally finished!

This is it - my son's cot bed blanket finally all joined together and all loose ends worked in!

This blanket has been made to fit his cot bed so hopefully he'll get a good few years use out of it on his bed and after that he can always have it as a lap-blanket when he moves into a proper sized bed.

The squares are all joined with the single crochet method which leaves a lovely ridged effect on the back of the blanket which makes it even warmer. However, using this method also meant that the blanket became a little smaller than I had thought so I ended up having to crochet another load of granny squares so that it would still be the right size for the cot - oops!

I just love how the colours all seem to complement each other so well on this blanket. I've used a range of yarns from my stash (mostly acrylic) including some of my favourites which I've been saving for a special project. Because of how much yarn this project seemed to be using I even had to borrow a few extra colours from my sister's stash as I was fast running out. Oh - and the purple & lilac squares were also a late addition due to shortage of blue yarn... but somehow it all seems to work.

4 comments:

pogm said...

Its beautiful - well done. Such a chore sewing the ends in isnt it! I made a smaller version of your blanket for my niece and that was all in one colour - I nearly wore holes in my fingers.

scarletti said...

Well done, it's beautiful. I love the way you've chosen colours that all talk to each other. I hope your little man will be very snug now.

Katy said...

wow, i envy your patience! i am going to try and make one of those but at the moment one square takes me about 2 days (working at night infront of the TV) so that means i probably would have that finished in 2020. :-)

Well done!! Love the colours...

Polka Dot Daze said...

Oh wow - it's lovely! That's certainly going to get lots of years of use.